Steam Deck OLED - instability and game crash

Hello dev team !

Quick flag to the dev team here - it seems like now that the game is quite unstable on the Steam deck. Not able to pass the prologue anymore , as soon as Odessa finish her speech on the boat before crashing , I end up having the game to freeze my steam deck. Tried 4/5 times to give it a try as best I could but It won’t work anymore.

I won’t be able to test this further as I don’t really like to hard reboot my deck many times in a row.
Hope this feedback will reach you.
Thanks all for the great involvement in getting the experience better and better !
Really hope we could one day have a " steam deck " graphic setting :slight_smile:

Best

By chance did you happen to have the performance overlay active when playing.

Hello,

No I was using the balanced graphic settings , since the performance one was getting the image a bit too blurry for me .
Would you suggest for now to exclusively use the performance mode only for the Steam deck ?

Balance is fine. Performance for the Deck is still work in progress.

Sounds good thank you - here it sounds more like a bug than a performance issue. The prologue in the boat was running ok using Balance mode , but it doesn’t let me pass it , I always have my deck crashing when the prologue is done.

Yeah, as of right now the deck shares its ram/vram in the 16gb, So ram is the main issue atm.

I currently have my VRAM set to 4Go , would you suggest for now to lower it and preserve more actual RAM to at least avoid the crashes ?

best person to ask is Rincewind in the Steamdeck chat, very knowledgeable on the deck and its best settings.

ok that was a link to the steamdeck chat in discord but some reason isnt going through. What is your discord name.

My discord name is hefka66