Preventing Dev Burn-Out!

Hello No Rest for the Wicked Team,

I’ve been thoroughly enjoying the early access release of No Rest for the Wicked, and I’m genuinely impressed with the dedication and talent your team has shown. The swift roll-out of four hotfixes is a testament to your commitment to excellence.

However, I want to express a gentle reminder that the well-being of the team is really important for long-term success and continued quality. It’s the hard work and creativity of each team member that has brought this game to life, and I believe it’s crucial to maintain a sustainable pace to avoid burnout. Your talent is your greatest asset, and I hope you’ll prioritize the health and happiness of the team as much as you do the development of the game. We, the community, are excited about No Rest for the Wicked, and we’re willing to wait for updates if it means the team can work in a way that ensures their long-term well-being (and sustainable butt-kicking). Strictly selfishly, this is amazing content, and we want it to come for a long time!

Warm regards,
A Concerned Fan

Thank you for the kind words. We are taking care :heart:

2 Likes

this !!! the early access release was less than a week ago , do remember to pace yourselves !!!

While many comments may seem negative, it’s generally only the desire to contribute toward improvement that motivates them. Please don’t get discouraged that your game isn’t quite where everyone wants it to be yet.

I can’t speak for everyone, but if I didn’t think the game had potential to be what I want it to be, I wouldn’t even bother posting. I took all of my game time today to post in the forums instead of playing in hopes that some of my comments would be heard.

One thing I really like about this game that captured me from the beginning was the impactful feeling of combat. However, that is with the caveat that you allow dodge to interrupt attacks so we aren’t stuck taking damage while slow weapon attacks and charged attacks prevent us from avoiding attacks that initiated after the attack started, but can’t be canceled.

The main thing I feel is missing is two-handed weapons are too slow and/or lack momentum to prevent interruption. At the very least, if they are going to remain just as slow as they currently are, they shouldn’t be interrupted during attacks so we can either take the hits while dealing them or dodge to cancel if we realize they won’t land before the enemy attack.

That and I can’t master split-second parry timing (as others have also shared) so it basically doesn’t exist and would love to make it easier and just give it a cooldown so it’s not over-used.

4 Likes

Upvote.

Exact same sentiments. Game is damn good, we want to see this game shine bright asf.

1 Like