Omg, fix the climbing down vines mechanic!

Ok, so this is one where I finally lost all my patience. It’s insane.

When you are trying to climb DOWN a set of vines, the character refuses to engage with the vines and instead you jump to your death. It got so bad that I got trapped near one of the Whispers because I couldn’t get down a set of vines and was forced to run all the way back to where I wanted to go like three areas away.

I assume that to climb down vines it’s the same as going up them in terms of the game’s controls. Ladders are no problem, your character seems to automatically grab onto those if you get close to them, both at the top and bottom of ladders.

But there is something seriously wonky going on with the vines mechanic. Maybe it’s an issue with the Xbox Controller vs. PS controller vs. mouse and keyboard, I honestly don’t know.

Hey are you using controller or mouse and keyboard? Do you have a picture of the location you are mentioning.

Thanks for the report

1 Like

I’m using an Xbox One controller. I don’t have a screenshot, but I can tell you that it’s happened with vines both in Mariner’s Keep and also in The Nameless Pass. I’ve noticed that the character seems to engage with the vines no problem at certain locations but it refuses to in others.

Okay, thanks for the info! Investigating now

1 Like

The vines which leads up to the Orban glades from the camp/fireplace where an old man and his daughter tells you about the first boss probably caused me more deaths than any foe in the game.

1 Like