Game is unable to establish a connection with the Twitch API

It’s currently impossible for me to use the “Entitlements” options to receive the Twitch Drops.

Every time I click on it and link my Twitch account with the code and also authorize it, in game it doesn’t move forward from “Establishing Connection…”

I can also see in the Twitch inventory that the “Connect” prompt was successfully replaced by a check mark. Therefore on that end it should’ve worked properly.

Nonetheless, the game seems not to get through the API as that’s what appears to be happening according to the log from my limited understanding.

“TwitchAPIManager - b__0 : HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request”

I found out that re-rolling to the release build fixes this problem. So it seems to be an issue with the latest build.

Is “re-rolling to the release build” just reinstalling the game or some other way?
I encountered this problem with receiving twitch drops even before patch 2 on May 23rd.

No, it’s actually installing the release build (18. April) from the Steam depot.

Here’s a guide from Reddit: Click

I don’t know if any later build works, but that’s the one I used.

Also it’s important to first make a new character and afterwards a new world to not mess up your main character. Then quickly rush to Sacrament and the NPC to establish the connection with Twitch. Once that’s done you can go back to the current game build as the Twitch token will still be valid to claim your drops on your main character and world.

I hope that helps!

1 Like

The problem with Twitch drops is solved!