Game Informer articel with interview about NRftW

About articel, very informative:

Got question about what they write in last part “Beginning a journey” of that articel based on what you guys said:
“Mahler and Kolor have had to embrace being vulnerable during this phase of the game’s life cycle as they will have to get used to seeing imperfections and potentially tweaking or outright stripping previously cool ideas based on player feedback.”

Just want to ask about the scale of potential stripping cool ideas based of player feedback?
I mean if for example players dont like town building aspect or farming you are ready to cut it out? Or this stripping can be related to some smaller in scale ideas like camera angle, stamina system, enchanting for example.

Personaly your game get my attention mainly cause of it non one dimmensional gameplay like killing mobs, town management, farm, living World and i’m worried if i purchase early access version and end up in 1.0 with some watered up game by players feedback like D1 into D2 and even worse into D3/4 sprinting meat grinder form. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Awesome, thanks for the article! Was very informative. :smiley:

Nah, look, it’s very simple: We’ll look very closely at how players play the game and will listen to feedback, but ultimately we are the designers of this game, for better or worse.

I can promise you that we’ll never devolve No Rest for the Wicked into a Meat Grinder ARPG - Wicked was created exactly because I didn’t like what those things have evolved into.

And yeah, some hardcore ARPG folks might not like the recipe we’ve been cooking up - But so what? There are plenty of Diablo clones out there that they can play instead. We’re more interested in cooking up something fresh and new, something that I haven’t seen before because I’m tired of the clones after clones of the same stuff.

13 Likes

And yeah, some hardcore ARPG folks might not like the recipe we’ve been cooking up - But so what? There are plenty of Diablo clones out there that they can play instead. We’re more interested in cooking up something fresh and new, something that I haven’t seen before because I’m tired of the clones after clones of the same stuff.

4 Likes

Great to hear i always like when devs listen the community but mostly for minor stuff while following own vision then the game have that, yeah, soul.

2 Likes

I’m in love with this game before i played it

hugs from :brazil:

3 Likes

I think it’s better to control the importance of something than to completely remove it.
Like 《Elden Ring》,collection has been added, but you can pass the level without collecting or making any items.
I thought maybe you were in《No Rest For The Wicked》,You can pass the level without buying a house,
not upgrading or upgrading the city to a minimum, and not helping any NPC.
Even though you skipped so much, you can still beat the leve.I think it’s better to leave the choice to the player…
(Though these are my guesses)