Steam os causes the game to react as if it’s a steam deck. This locks you at 800p and makes a small Window on the screen I’ve tried several work arounds nothing works. Should be an easy fix on your end. Valve has recognized it and flagged the game as unplayable on steam machine. Please fix this thank you.
Here is a Reddit forum about it so you can see it’s not just me i tried the launch steam=O and the ** you mentioned as well as proton and adding a seperate Sd card i installed it to so the launch would possibly not be effected by the fact that the game thinks it’s a steam deck making a small window and locking you at 800p nothing works. Reddit
I tried the steamdeck=0 %command% at launch still locked in 800p on steam machine also tried toggling on and off the recognize as a steam deck option. Strangely i was able to get high resolution afterwards on the crucible legacy edition however the current public edition which of course is where my characters are did not work. I hope we can get this fixed soon with a hotfix update as I’m dying to play it on my tv that’s the reason i bought the steam machine in the first place.