Adding Meta gaming "game within the game"

One thing I would love to see is meta game, just like Helldivers.

i dont get itā€¦ what do you mean?

A narrative that goes beyond the game itself that engage the players and, say, the dev team.

In Helldivers everything that happens in the game is advertised by the dev teams that play as some major character in the gameā€™s story

uuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh I mean ideas? Like thereā€™s a very very specific reason that works with Helldivers

1 Like

This can bring new features and new content announcement more fun.
Imagine npcs that come and go, like sellers that their appearance could be really rare and we would need to read and interpret texts with some hidden details of this seller or even read gossips from the dev team and make some reasoning.

As a general note, ā€˜meta gamingā€™ often refers to something else entirely. In table top settings it refers to using information outside of your characters knowledge. Within video games it often refers to ā€˜meta buildsā€™, the de facto best builds for a specific ā€˜classā€™.

I think, and correct me if I am wrong, you want time based unique events? In which case I really like the suggestion.

Some farming sim games have calendars with unique seasons. Each season would have 4 weeks filled with random and fixed events. There could be unique holidays in Wicked on a certain date that transform Sacrament to reflect the holiday. Or a specific quest chain that rewards you with decorations. Like a harvest festival where you get rewarded unique farming equipment or seeds and recipes. But, there could also be randomized events that are area specific. Or some riddle events like you mentioned. They could sent us to specific areas to find each riddle until we solve it.

I would change the title of your topic to better reflect your proposed idea. When I read the title I expected an entirely different subject here :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Sure, youā€™re right about the title, I used the term to suggest ā€œa game within a gameā€, not just events that doesnā€™t necessarily need any meta gaming, but make the game be played not only digitally, say a feature is being discussed and they leak it by using roleplay and maybe some digital content to give players a clue and discuss with the community about that, sometimes even asking the dev team (as meta players) about it. Even glitches and bugs can be dealt with by role playing the excuses.