What you intended vs what's happening

Hello! Lots of hours in the game, and I’ve noticed a general trend with patches. I’ll be going over this with a general what you intended vs what I’ve noticed.

• When we mention a resource spawn rate you tend to overcompensate. This happened with clay. Fair enough, it’s needed on a wide variety of projects. But when we were able to purchase raw materials like soft leather and wool you nuked them from the store. This was to get us out in the environment. Craft leather and durable leather drops in abundance during of rats and raiders in the sewers, (BUT) wool and soft leather drops at such a miniscule rate I end up realm hopping between 10 realms I’ve upgraded and look to the general shop to get what I want. This is especially needed for bear claws and stag hoofs which drop at such miniscule rates they might as well be zero.

• Making multiple realms is a lot of fun because I can farm things like Ichor in a reliable way every week. It also allows me to upgrade the general store fully and get things reliably that you haven’t adjusted for proper drop rates. The speed at which I can load in now allows me to go in and out of a realm at the drop of a hat. Fantastic! (BUT) I feel more like I’m a spectral traveler than a Cerim trying to save his city. This feeling will likely change once the game is in 1.0, but as of right now there is a lot of hopping and my save files are bloated because of it.

• Combat feels great! I’m particularly a fan of how I can teleport behind an enemy and stab him in the back instantaneously. A feeling I equate with the phrase chef’s kiss. SO GOOD! (BUT) Your leveling system keeps most weapons at bay until way to late after I’ve found them. I become used to the weapon I’ve got and I find it bothersome to try a new one. Storage helps with this and allows me to try a new character who hops between realms at the beginning of the game to get gear I’ve already upgraded until I can slot the required stats. But makes the game incredibly grindy and at times just unfun because it wastes time. The armor I want to wear is held back by 20 odd levels. Just not a good design choice, and one of the reasons I don’t play many games like Diablo.

• Early weapons are great! Up to level 11 requirement weapons are fun to use and experiment with. (BUT) Higher level weapons at 21 are pointless I’ve decided after 80 plus hours. You can achieve the same thing with a weapon 11 levels lower with runes you’ve taken from the high-level weapons and be none the sadder for it because you can still upgrade the weapon fully with materials and achieve the same damage. This is a serious design flaw that I know you are working to fix with the idea of set skills and other ideas given by the community so I’m not holding it against you. It’s just food for thought down the line once the game gets into 1.0.

• Randomizing the loot and giving us that thrill of entering the wild with different enemies is fantastic and I love it! I’m interested in seeing these three biomes again under further story progression and very interested in the rest of the game. (BUT) Randomizing specific items such as legendary weapons cheapen their value and creates a disinterest in using them at all. I’ve leveled a character three times to use three separate weapons I felt I could do without by upgrading a low-level weapon fully or enchanting it to something I liked. I strongly advise you play legendary weapons in specific places and make them more reliable in terms of their stats. I’ve found the same legendary in one play through and their stats varied wild. Chance and circumstance are only useful to a certain point. Some things need to be reliable to be valuable.

• Thats it. (BUT) I’ll be back. Thanks for your hard work, this game is a lot and has great potential!

1 Like