Meaningful narrative choices?

I did a bit of searching and didn’t find any threads where this was answered by the devs: is there any plan to build meaningful narrative choices into the game?

The current content has given us three competing political groups with the risen, the church, and Sacrament’s rulers all having different views. We’ve also got the basics for four different religious orders with mothers, makers, seekers and foresaken.

It would be great if the game built off these in ways that shape your character over time.

Thanks!

I don’t think they plan on it because anytime Thomas talks about it it’s more like an MMO with a specific story they want to be told, not really a Bioshock/Witcher-esque RPG.

Yeah i dont think those will happen, since the devs went for more action than roleplaying, its more dark souls diablo mix, railroad to the end, at least i like the world a lot, characthers have awesome voice acting imo.

That’s a bummer. I think it could increase the replay value if, for example, siding with a given faction was tied into special side quests and perks/abilities that might open up certain builds. You could still keep the central narrative intact but add compelling reasons for people to replay the game with new characters.